The Manhattan Wine Auction, now in its 23rd year, is the largest charity wine auction in Southern California, and raises funds for the Manhattan Beach Education Foundation. Hosted at the Manhattan Country Club, the Wine Auction is a sold out gala each year with approximately 2,000 guests. With fences and tennis nets removed, guests stroll through the grounds sampling the best in food and wine in a casual and festive party atmosphere. Silent auction tables are located throughout, and guests enjoy the convenience of mobile bidding from anywhere via their cell phones. The live auction and program occurs on Center Court where a stage is surrounded by sponsored tables, with chairs set up on the surrounding bleachers. Click here to see photos from last year’s event.
- Food tastings from 40 of the finest local restaurants and specialty cafes;
- Sampling from 75 distinguished wineries, distilleries and breweries;
- Exclusive “Reserve Room”, featuring hors d’oeuvres and cult and unattainable wines (separate ticket required for entry);
- Music and dancing under the stars;
- Live and silent auctions include some of the finest collectible wines and spirits, exotic trips, one-of-a-kind dinners, unique experiences, sports and golf opportunities, and much more.
|4:30PM||Doors Open for General Ticket Holders and Table Guests. Silent Auction Open.|
|4:00 – 6:00PM||Reserve Room Open | Club Restaurant and Terrace (Reserve Room Ticket Holders Only)|
|4:30 – 7:00PM||Food and Wine Tasting|
|7:00 – 11:00PM||Live Auction, Followed by Music and Dancing|
The 2016 Manhattan Wine Auction netted over $1.1 million to support the Manhattan Beach Education Foundation (MBEF). MBEF is a community-driven fund raising organization, which supplements state funding for programs that inspire learning, enrich teaching, and promote innovation and academic excellence in the seven Manhattan Beach public schools. MBEF was founded in 1983 and is a recognized 501(c)(3) organization.